2625 S Harbor Loop Dr
Bellingham, WA 98225
Christmas Lighted Boat Parade!
The Lighted Boat Parade is an annual event sponsored by Bellingham Yacht Club in coordination with the Bellingham Cruise Terminal. Each year boaters from all the area clubs decorate their boat to participate in the parade which follows a route from Squalicum Harbor to the Bellingham Cruise Terminal along Boulevard Park. A review boat hosting VIPs is anchored near Star Rock Buoy. Boats are judged using criteria such as originality, visual presence and Christmas spirit. Volunteer VIPs aboard the review boat act as judges and awards are given for several categories. After the parade, participants are invited to Bellingham Yacht Club for appetizers, hot soup and/or chili and beverages, with the awards presentation to follow.
Parade Instructions and Map
Click here for this year’s Parade Instructions and Map. This is a PDF file which you can download and/or print.
In addition to your name being added to the perpetual trophies, the winners will receive prizes for the following categories:
- Best of Parade: 1 night stay at the Chrysalis for 2 people!
- Commodore’s Choice: $150 Gift Certificate towards a haulout at The Landings at Colony Wharf!
- Community Award: Gift Certificate for the Hearthfire Grill Restaurant!
- Best of Novice Participant: Dinner for 2 at Anthony’s Restaurant!
- Charlie Brown Award: SeaView Boatyard Gift Certificate!
These are great prizes so be sure to gussy up your boat and enter to win!
- Registration open Friday, December 1 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, December 2 from begins at 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Bellingham Yacht Club lounge, where instructions will be provided. Note: You must check in Saturday afternoon between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. at the club lounge, even if you preregistered, to pick up your packet and boat number.
- Boats away will be at 5:30 p.m. and rendezvous at the Ferry Terminal for the start around 6-ish (yes, “6-ish” is a nautical term.)
Afterwards, come to the Bellingham Yacht Club to warm up with some homemade hot soup or Chili and Christmas Cheer as we all celebrate the holidays with friends, family, and lots of good conversation and some Holiday Songs!
What to Bring
Appetizers and homemade soup will be provided by BYC. Bring a desert to share if you would like.
Contact Shaun Thompson for more information at (360) 661-1327 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org