Bellingham Yacht Club – Events Calendar
Christmas Lighted Boat Parade!
The Lighted Boat Parade is an annual event sponsored by Bellingham Yacht Club in coordination with the Bellingham Cruise Terminal. Each year boaters from all the area clubs decorate their boat to participate in the parade which follows a route from Squalicum Harbor to the Bellingham Cruise Terminal along Boulevard Park. A review boat hosting VIPs is anchored near Star Rock Buoy. Boats are judged using criteria such as originality, visual presence and Christmas spirit. Volunteer VIPs aboard the review boat act as judges and awards are given for several categories. After the parade, participants are invited to Bellingham Yacht Club for appetizers, hot soup and/or chili and beverages, with the awards presentation to follow.
This year’s theme…“The Magic of Christmas”
Boaters head for the rendezvous at 5:30 pm off the Ferry Terminal and cruise along the waterfront. We will take a swing through the boat launch basin before heading back to the club for appetizers, homemade soups, and the award ceremony.
We are once again inviting boaters to join in on the fun and become a part of this annual holiday event. To include your boat in this event please click the green “Register” button above or the link below.
Cathy Herbold, Fleet Captain
Register for the 2019 Lighted Boat Parade HERE.
Click HERE for a current list of registered boats.
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner and Music!!
With Live Music from the Lindsey Street Band
Monday, March 16th
Club Opens at 5:00 pm, Dinner and Music from 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Dinner Hosted by Back East BBQ
- Roasted Corned Beef
- Parsley Potatoes
- Sautéed Cabbage
Theme: “A Three Hour Tour”
Schedule of Events
1030 – Members’ Reception
- Invited guests, members and families
- Refreshments and appetizers
- Traditional boating attire preferred
1130 – Public Ceremonies
- Welcome by Commodore
- Introduction of visiting clubs and dignitaries
- Blessing of the Fleet
- Raising of the flags on the Yacht Club Mast in front of the Club
1300 – Boats Away for Opening Day Parade
- Boats rendezvous at the Bellingham Ferry Terminal
- Parade begins, rounding review boat Clandestiny near Star Rock Buoy
- Download your Opening Day Parade Instructions and Parade Route here
- Please pre-register for the parade here.
1500 – “A Three Hour Tour”
Gathering at the Clubhouse for the Opening Day Party Featuring
- Live Music with The Penny Stinkers”
- Dead Pirates Society Seafood Grill
- For members and immediate guests only
- Guest sign-in required at the door