**All May 2020 Clubhouse Events are cancelled!**
Please read the following message in its entirety!
As you are all aware, the Corona Virus pandemic is affecting many facets of daily life. The Whatcom County Health Department has issued an Emergency Declaration urging all non-essential gatherings of 10 or more people be cancelled. They, the CDC, and Washington State Department of Health are unanimous in their opinion that the best way to contain the spread of this virus is to limit all social interaction. The recommended time of quarantine is 14 days, as it appears the virus can’t live outside of a host beyond that time.
In order to protect our membership and the Bellingham community, the Executive Committee has decided on the following steps, effective immediately:
- The Clubhouse (upstairs lounge) will be closed for normal operations through Sunday, May 31st. We will tentatively reopen for normal business on Monday, June 1st.
- All BYC rooms (upstairs lounge, Commodores Room, Marina Room, Ward Room) are closed to all activities, meetings, and rentals through Sunday, May 31st. We will tentatively reopen for normal business on Monday, June 1st. Anybody who has a room reserved for an event will be entitled to a 100% refund of their deposit.
- The kitchen will remain open for our food truck vendors. We consulted with the Whatcom County Health Department, and they said the risk of transmission via food is relatively low, provided extra precautions are taken. The staff using the kitchen will be limited to that space with no access to other areas of the club.
- The following events have been cancelled:
- All April and May 2020 events
We hope you all understand the necessity behind this decision and apologize in advance for the inconvenience and disruption this may cause. Our goal is to protect our membership and the community at large during this difficult time.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any comments or questions you might have.
Bellingham Yacht Club
Welcome to the Bellingham Yacht Club
Established in February of 1925, we are located on Bellingham Bay, at 2625 South Harbor Loop, in beautiful Bellingham, WA. We are proud to be Bellingham’s oldest yacht club. At about 370 members strong, we are an all volunteer club that is active in all aspects of boating: safety & education, cruising, racing, social and youth programs.
Guests, please browse our website for more information on our history, current events and activities. We welcome new member applications. Click here for more information. We think you’ll find that our club has a warm and welcoming membership, with many great events year-round. With our all-volunteer format, opportunities abound to become involved.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Sponsors help support our Website and Jib Sheet news letter. We couldn’t do it without your generous support!