Do you have your Washington State Boater Education Card?

If you were you born after December 31, 1954, and you operate a boat with a 15 hp or greater motor, you need to carry a WA Boater Education Card. Failure to carry the card when operating a vessel may result in a fine. Those born before 1955 should have one too, as Canada and Oregon may not exempt the oldsters from their education requirements. For more information on the state requirements, visit The next Bellingham Sail and Power Squadron class specifically geared toward meeting the Washington requirements begins April 15 and runs through June 3 at the Bellingham Technical College. Call BTC at 360-752-8350 or go to BTC website to register for MARIN 110 (item 4560).

Share →