2013 BYC Formal Election Notice
- Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 6:00 pm – Nominations Meeting. Come down to the club and be part of the process! Members who have already agreed to run with our Nominations Committee will be announced, and nominations will be accepted from the floor to round out the slate of candidates for Fleet Captain and the four Board of Trustee positions.
- Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 6:00 pm – Meet the Candidates Night. “Meet the Candidates Night” is a town-hall format where you will have a chance to hear from each our candidates and ask any questions of them that you might have.
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 6:00 pm – Election Day All our voting members will receive a ballot in the mail prior to that date, along with relevant voting instructions. The ballot box will be available at the club for those who wish to vote in person. Be sure to sign your envelope if voting absentee! Following the close of the polls, the ballots will be counted and the results will be announced.
This process sets the stage for 2013-14 and the years to come, and it’s your chance to make a difference and also enhance your circle of friends who love Bellingham, the water, and our Club. Please turn out and participate! Thanks. — BYC Nomination Committee
Click here to learn more about the candidates for the Board of Trustees.
Click here to learn more about the candidates for the Flag Officer positions.
The Teller Committee is responsible for the election day voting process and tabulation of the votes. This year the Teller Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Brenda Dennis
- Secretary Susan Henderson
- Past Commodore Dick Johnson
- Past Commodore Terry Tavelli
- Carol Veach