May 27-30 Memorial Day Cruise to Fisherman's Bay on Lopez
Join us for Memorial Day on beautiful Lopez Island. There's so much to do on Lopez including the farmer's market in the village and dancing at the resort in the evening. Plus you won't want to miss our annual Seafood Feast on the dock.
The Islander Resort is holding slips for us until May 15, so call them ASAP at 360-468-2233 if you want a slip and let them know you're with the BYC group. Anchorage is also good if you prefer.
Your hosts for this cruise will be Pete Dworkin and Regan & Jim Haines. Pete's boat is named Tiburon and the Haines' boat is named Timber Maiden so if you have any questions at all while you're there, just ask them! Chris and I won't be joining this year because of our daughter's wedding but we're sorry to miss it!
If you haven't been to the Islander on Lopez before, please be aware that the entry is shallow at low tide so it's best to navigate the entrance channel around high tide. High tide on the 27th is at 2:10AM and 4:30PM and on the 30th it's at 3:06AM and 6:56PM. The chart below shows some areas to be aware of.
CAUTION – LOW TIDE: 5 feet of water in the channel at a zero tide. For safest navigation arrive and depart during higher tides.
Here's the itinerary for the weekend.
- Friday - Free evening. Perhaps dinner and dancing!
- Saturday - enjoy the Island. There's so much to do like going to the farmer's market in the village, biking or hiking just to name a few.
- 5pm Saturday - Docktails. Bring your own drinks, chairs, and an appetizer to share. Pete and the Haines will let you know where on the dock this will take place.
- Sunday - another free day! Possibly go in search of fresh seafood for the potluck.
- 6:30pm Sunday - Seafood Feast on the dock! Bring a seafood item, side dish or dessert to share as well as chairs.
Also, please bring your own dishes & utensils both Friday and Saturday.
Cruising - Memorial Day to Fisherman's Bay RSVPs.