Benefits of Membership
- Adult sailors participate in a variety of over 45 races from spring thru fall including Wednesday Night Racing, Around the County Race, Whidbey I. Race Week, WOW (Women on the Water), >Dale Jepsen One-Design Regatta and the regionally known PITCH Regatta.
- The Power and Sail Fleets offer boaters a regular schedule of cruises around the local area including the San Juans and Canadian Gulf Islands, and even as far as Alaska, Desolation Sound, and beautiful Princess Louisa Inlet.
- Inati Bay on Lummi Island is the Bellingham Yacht Club Outstation where members can relax in a beautiful setting just a short trip away.
- Boaters join in the annual Christmas Lighted Boat Parade and Opening Day Parade and Festivities for fun, prizes, and to entertain the city.
- BYC’s Youth Fleet teaches sailing skills to youngsters, and helps them polish these new skills in junior racing programs. For participants wanting to further enhance their sailing skill, BYC Offers a Youth Racing Team with regularly scheduled practices and race participation throughout the Puget Sound. One of the highlights each season is the very competitive BYC One-Design Regatta held each September with boats participating from all over Puget Sound, Oregon and Canada.
- We have a 200-foot guest dock located immediately in front of the Yacht Club. We are able to provide day moorage at no cost to the members, and have limited space for members who do not have permanent moorage in the harbor.
- Members have reciprocity privileges with yacht clubs around Puget Sound, BC, and most other places around the world. Show your BYC card and use their facilities! Here is a current list of Reciprocal Yacht Clubs.
- The newly-remodeled BYC lounge is a private, volunteer-staffed facility serving legal beverages and light snacks for Members and their guests, overlooking the Marina.
- In addition to volunteer-staffed events, during regular hours Wednesday through Saturday, we now have a fully staffed bar, as well as a burgers on Wednesday evenings during racing season from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m., authentic Mexican food on Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Friday Night Steak Dinners once a month.
- The formal/semi-formal Commodore’s Ball is our annual dinner- dance honoring the incoming commodore.
- Jazz Dinner Parties featuring local and regional jazz bands are held several times during the year on Sunday evenings.
- Opening Day celebrates the beginning of summer with a wonderful party, blessing of the fleet, a “parade of boats” and more!
- Evening programs, speakers, and videos on a variety of topics are scheduled.
- Fridays at Five events are twice/month social gatherings for members to meet and chat in a convivial atmosphere, with refreshments and an informal program.
- Our Ward and Commodores’ Rooms for private functions are available to members at no charge for business or social events.